Dyalog Primer - Cooperation - Microsoft .NET
Exploration⍝ Assuming that Microsoft .NET is installed...
f.(Name Length LastWriteTime)
name size stamp←⊂⊃f.(Name Length LastWriteTime)
offers a huge range of resources, but using it carries a risk that your
code becomes less portable to other operating systems.
a finickiness about ⎕USING, that
first assignment is often necessary to kick things off - even though it
- Notice how the syntax is
consistent with Dyalog classes.
- .NET documentation
is more understandable by computer programmers than normal human beings.
also sucks you into using more and more of it (notice how APL has to
work to extract numbers from "things that look like numbers").
things that you can do with .NET have also long been achievable in
other ways - and it's not clear where the future lies (example - Dyalog
GUI versus .NET Windows forms?).
- .Dyalog .NET Interface Guide
- Microsoft .NET
- Write a function which uses DateTime to return today's date formatted as (for example) Tuesday, 22 April 2008.
- Write a function which uses Directory to return a matrix describing the files held in a given directory.
- Write a function which uses System.Web.Mail to send an email message.
- Write a function which retrieves the content of a Web page.
a function which uses WIndows.Forms to create a simple modal dialog box
with OK and Cancel buttons, waiting for user response; compare this to
a function which does the same job using the Dyalog GUI.